our contest for the month of june will be the eastside house cup. each city will be a team, or "house." we hope that this will encourage activity as well as allowing people to interact who otherwise may not. for ease of comprehension and to give it a fun spin, we've gone with a harry potter theme as most people should be familiar with the concept of the hogwarts houses. similar to the stories, we've given each house a "common room," or a post where you can strategize with your teammates in character to earn points and also to socialize among yourselves! we will keep track of the points in the house cup post, linked below. the contest will run from 12:00 am june 1st through 11:59 pm june 30th.
• teams have been randomly assigned, as well as houses. we will not move anyone to another team, and new members will be added at random as well throughout the month. we will do our best to keep the teams even.
• participation is optional! this contest is meant to be fun, so be respectful of everyone. we encourage excitement and involvement but please be mindful of others both in our community and in ~pbads. more on this will be found in the points bullets below. please respect other members' choice if they prefer not to participate or do additional activity.
• only ic activity counts for points, with the exception of ~pbads posts/comments. we encourage you to utillize ~philadelphia to set up threads but these posts and comments do not count for points.
• all links must be dropped off in your house's drop-off post to be counted towards the totals. links for your house's drop-off will be found on the official house cup post, found at the bottom of this page.
• drop off links within 7 days of the activity. please keep in mind, there are only two of us to tally everything, so your cooperation is appreciated.
• threads will be counted to all involved parties who drop off the link. please do not start threads and then abandon them once you've dropped off the link, as this is unfair to other writers. doing so will result in a deduction of the points you had previously earned for the thread.
• "comment hijacking" will count towards your comment activity. this means if your character responds to a comment somebody else has left on a post, rather than the post itself, it will still count. please be mindful, however, and do not do it excessively unless you know the original poster won't mind.
• daily points are on a per day basis: that means that if your character doesn't comment anybody on monday and tuesday, you cannot drop off links to 15 posts on wednesday to make up for it. you will be counted for 5 unique threads and still earn 5 points.
here are the different ways to earn points as well as how many points you can earn per activity:
1 - a unique comment thread on a member's entry. maximum 5 per day per person, responding to comments in your own posts do not count.
1 - a post in ~pbads for specific lines/faces. maximum 2 per day per person.
1 - a comment on a post in ~pbads in attempts to recruit them to join our game. maximum 5 per day per person.
3 - a thread with a minimum of 3 responses each. no maximum, you may have as many threads as you can handle.
3 - completing a prompt in addition to your required activity. maximum 2 per month per person.
5 - an additional post to ~newyorknewyork or to your journal other than your required monthly activity. posts to your journal must meet the typical update requirements. maximum 1 each per week per person.
so for example, if, after your activity for the month is completed, you make 2 ~pbads posts, comment on four ~nyny posts, and complete a prompt and post it and drop off all links, you will have earned 11 points for your team that day.
if your character does something that is not listed here but you think should count for points, please feel free to drop off links or ask us and explain why you think it should count and we will consider!